All-Ireland Chromatin Consortium (AICC) – Kickoff Symposium
The All-Ireland Chromatin Consortium was established in 2021 to foster collaborations between researchers located across the whole of Ireland, promote scientific exchange, and to facilitate networking between students, postdocs, and PIs working in the field of chromatin biology.
The scientific focus of the consortium is broad, and we intend to bridge basic, applied, and translational chromatin research, including transcriptional regulation, chromatin folding and DNA methylation.
The All-Ireland Chromatin Consortium promotes and expects a non-judgmental and supportive attitude from participants. If you would like to join the AICC, please visit the AICC website for more information.
Attendance is free of charge, but registration is required.
Upcoming Event Details
Previous Event Details
Date: December 3rd, 2021
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (GMT)
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Eileen Furlong – European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Heidelberg, Germany
Organized By: Dr. Effie Kostareli, Queen’s University Belfast
Welcome Address and Introduction to AICC
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:10 a.m. Dr. Effie Kostareli
Plenary Session 1 - Chair: Dr. Simon McDade
- 10:10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Dr. Konstantin Panov, Queen’s University Belfast – Histone Demethylase KDM4A as Master Regulator of Post-stress Recovery.
- 10:30 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. Dr. Yaser Atlasi, PGJCCR, Queen’s University Belfast – Dissecting the Enhancer Landscape in Embryonic Stem Cells.
- 10:50 a.m. – 11:10 a.m. Dr. Gerard Brien, Trinity College Dublin – Targeting Oncogenic Chromatin Regulation in Childhood Cancers.
- 11:10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Dr. Sara Farrona, National University of Ireland Galway – UBP5, A New Interactor of PRC2 in Arabidopsis.
Short Talks Series 1 - Chair: Dr. Catríona Dowling
- 11:30 a.m. – 11:40 a.m. Tamas Sessler, Queen’s University Belfast
- 11:40 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. Marlena Mucha, Trinity College Dublin
- 11:50 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Ryan Lusby, Queen’s University Belfast
- 12:10 p.m. – 12:25 p.m. Dr. Leonardo Motta, Active Motif
Poster Viewing and Lunch Break
- 12:25 p.m. – 1:40 p.m.
Keynote Address - Chair: Dr. Vijay Tiwari
- 1:40 p.m. – 2:40 p.m. Dr. Eileen Furlong, EMBL, Germany – Forget About Chromatin – Enhancers Do the Job!
Short Talk Series 2 - Chair: Dr. Gerard Brien
- 2:40 p.m. – 2:50 p.m. Karen Conboy, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- 2:50 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Eleanor Glancy, Trinity College Dublin
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:10 p.m. Charalampos Xanthopoulos, WWIEM, Queen’s University Belfast
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:10 p.m. Orla Deevy, Trinity College Dublin
- 3:10 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Tea/Coffee Break
Short Talk Series 3 - Chair: Prof. Colum Walsh
- 3:30 p.m. – 3:40 p.m. Mohammed Inayatullah, Queen’s University Belfast
- 3:40 p.m. – 3:50 p.m. Febrimarsa Febrimarsa, National University of Ireland Galway
- 3:50 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Aditi Singh, Queen’s University Belfast
Career Development and Networking Event
- 4:00 p.m. - 4:10 p.m. Opportunities for AICC PhD students and postdocs - Dr. Gerard Brien and Dr. Simon McDade
Plenary Session 2 - Chair: Prof Uri Frank
- 4:10 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Dr. Adrian Bracken, Trinity College Dublin – Polycombs in Cancer and Developmental Disorders.
- 4:30 p.m. – 4:50 p.m. Dr. Adone Sarip, PGJCCR, Queen’s University Belfast – Unlocking Chromatin Through Targeting DOC1 and NuRD in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinomas.
Poster and Presentation Awards
- 5:00 p.m. Chair: Dr. Adrian Bracken